Friday, January 15, 2010

Guest DJ John Macaroy

I invited John Macaroy to guest DJ for FiloVision. He sent me a CD that he produced in his home studio. I couldn't convince him to come into the studio and do it live. I think he is scarred by the trauma he experienced in his commercial broadcast days back East when he worked for ABC. Apparently there were some indecency charges or complaints filed with the FCC, I'm not sure, I couldn't get much out of his agent except a few cryptic text messages. Hope you enjoy his selections and prompts to go to the Record Exchange to check out recordings by these artists. Here's the playlist of bands that guest DJ John Macaroy played tonight on FiloVision...

Beruit
Pheonix
Vampire Weekend
Nurses
The Generationals
White Rabbits (amazing album btw)
Grizzly bear
Animal Collective
Of Montreal
Bat for Lashes
Karen O and the kids (where wild things are soundtrack)

And then a coda of extras while I patched up the automation system after a hard drive crash. Send money so we can buy decent hardware. :-)

Ernest Gonzales - Self Awakening (Faunts Remix)
Annie - The Breakfast Song
The Whip - Divebomb (Crystal Castles Remix)
Goldfrapp - A&E (Hercules and Love Affair Remix) ...

archive:






No comments: